20100505

Introduction

One of the first roleplaying games I really fell in love with was Cyberpunk. I played the hell out of that game, bought every supplement I could get my hands on, and I wrote a lot of house rules to fill in the gaps that I saw in the system. For a long, long time, Cyberpunk was the only game I wanted to play or run.

I haven't played a long-term CP game for some years now, but I still love it. It's like chicken soup for my gamer soul in a way. I know the rules without needing to look them up. The setting is second nature to me. It's comfortable.

This campaign idea cropped up a little over a year ago. I ran it for another group, and we got through one session before an "act of God" (lay offs) broke the game up. I was always pretty disappointed that it didn't go further because it had a lot of potential and everyone was having a good time.

Having weighed my options. I've decided to revisit both this campaign and the tabletop RPG that really woke me up to what gaming, role-playing, game design, and writing were about. Sure, the setting is somewhat anachronistic. Sure, it's not exactly realistic or simulationist. But I think that if you give it a shot, you'll all have a good time.

No comments: